Pass Green Gas

Friday, August 18, 2006

A Gift From the Midwest


Back in the early 90's, my buddies and I used to go fishing every spring or early summer in the Adirondacks. We were in pursuit of two of our favorite gamefish, the fearsome northern pike and the acrobatic smallmouth bass. Deep in the Adirondack Park, spots like Saranac, Long and Tupper Lakes provided both tremendous scenic beauty and the opportunity to tangle with some big, aggressive fish. Well, we enventually stopped going, the fish got shorter, the lakes weed beds and natural structures got a little less conducive to the health of our aquatic adversaries. The primary reason, acid rain, that incidious by-product of midwestern power production (coal fueled). Somebody turns on their air conditioner in Columbus and we get a bucket of nitrogen oxide and sulphur dioxide in upstate NY. A court case is making its way through the Federal Courts that would force power plants to improve air pollution controls when expanding. The case started, ironically enough, after the Bush administration took office and started weakening regulations....STORY

1 Comments:

  • Hi Galli,
    good to hear from you and again so great to come here and read your great blogs.

    You appeared to think your links were not on my site, but both `Pass Green Gas' and `The Alternative Consumer' are in my `Towards Tomorrow Links' which are placed just above my other links.

    I see my `Towards Tomorrow' links as important as they are all sites that are about ways of living that will create our tomorrow.

    I value your links as I do think what you are saying on both your sites is very special,

    with best wishes, The Artist

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home