Pass Green Gas

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Rudy Giuliani

I lived through the Giuliani mayoral administration in NYC and I have to admit I agreed with the man on a lot of what he tried to accomplish in the city. He's a tough guy to love, but a good man in a crisis. Yesterday I saw excerpts of a speech he made to, I believe, a conservative Republican group where he outlined his energy plan. It basically resembled the Bush approach aided by intelligent, if misguided, thought. Basically Rudy advocates vast deregulation of nuclear power plant and oil refining construction (remove environmental safeguards and regs and think Belgium) and increase domestic oil drilling and exploration. The expanded drilling plan advocates production in previously protected wildlife preserves and increase in all domestic production. Ouch! I guess I have to part ways with the Rudster on this one, I guess he's been spending a little too much time in some Republican thinktank for his own good.

g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home